Saturday, December 3, 2011

Dana's Dream Buy of the Day: Givenchy Sun Visor

"Eat your veggies!" "Take your vitamins!" There are certain things that moms are always exhorting their children to do, even when those children are now adults. One thing my mom is always after me do is to wear a hat or visor when I am outdoors, even when I am just running errands, in order to protect my skin from wrinkles, sun damage and skin cancer.

In this case, mother does know best and I do try to follow my mom's advice. Protecting one's skin from the sun is a definite fashion "do." I mean, who wants sun-damaged skin?

I would like to wear a hat all day, but it gets annoying to wear a hat around all the time, so I prefer a visor, since it doesn't interfere with my hair and is less obtrusive to wear. The downside? I feel sometimes like a major dork walking around town in a sun visor. I want to protect my skin, but I also want to look good while doing so.

So you can imagine my excitement when I spotted this Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci sun visor in a recent fashion magazine. A fashion-forward solution to stylish sun protection! My face would never suffer sun exposure again!



My visions of myself as an uber-cool sun-free girl-about-town were tempered, however, when I realized that the magazine quotes the price of the visor at just under $1,000. Sigh. I guess I will have to keep searching for a stylish way to keep shady.

No comments:

Post a Comment