Monday, April 16, 2012

Star Style: Carrie and Carole Underwood

Carrie and Carole Underwood

Country music superstar Carrie Underwood and her mother, Carole, seem to have a wonderful close relationship; Carrie even cast Carole to star in her music video for her song entitled, "Mama's Song."

Now Underwood has teamed up with Olay to launch a new initiative called “Beauty by Example," which invites people to visit Olay’s Facebook page and sign a declaration acknowledging their mothers for being beautiful, both inside and out. For everyone who participates, Olay,  the skincare company renowned for its long tradition of cutting-edge, "these-really-work" products, will donate one ounce of product (up to one million ounces) to Look Good...Feel Better, a national organization that boosts the self-esteem of women undergoing treatment for cancer.

Underwood says that she wishes she would have heeded more of her mother's beauty advice. “If I could go back and talk to my 15-year-old self I’d be like, ‘Seriously, listen to your mom,’” Underwood told People magazine.“Drink more water, put more sunscreen on, moisturize. There are a lot of people like me who wish they did more.”

“My mom is a great example to me and my sisters, she’s just the best,” she says. “If I ever had one of those days when it’s like, ‘I don’t feel so great about myself,’ she’d always tell me, ‘You’re beautiful, you’re funny, you sing well.’ She was always a positive person in my life, which is important,” she adds. “People need more positive influences.”

Underwood isn't the only celebrity to credit both her mother and Olay with helping her achieve great skin. Actress Leven Rambin, 21, who appears in the hit movie, The Hunger Games, told People that her mother started her on Olay moisturizer at age 10. "She'd say, 'If I'd used that when I was young, I'd look 10 years younger,'" says Rambin.

No comments:

Post a Comment