Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Dana's Dream Buy of the Day: Keith Haring Heels

I adore these over-the-top, imaginative and generally awesome heels from footwear designer Nicholas Kirkwood's new Keith Haring collection.  All the styles, which pay homage to the legendary 1980s artist and his iconic imagery, are incredible, but I am especially taken by this particular shoe, with the little man standing in where the heel should be, and with the gorgeous, fresh, of-the-moment mint green color.

In truth, my appreciation for Kirkwood's shoes are not limited to only the Haring collection; his shoes are completely unique works of art and they are, as my mother blogged yesterday, definitely "outside the (shoe) box." For example, how gorgeous are these Flower Sandals?

Nicholas Kirkwood Flower Sandal @ Nordstrom $1200      




There are only two things standing in the way of me and such astounding footwear. Firstly, with heel heights which can run up to 5 inches I don't think I would make it very far in a pair, and secondly, with prices running from around $700 and (way) up, I think for now, I will have to simply admire these shoes just as I admire a work of art in a gallery.

And speaking of galleries, I will dream about wearing a pair of Kirkwood's Haring shoes while checking out the new Keith Haring retrospective at the Brooklyn Museum or while strolling along and admiring one of Haring's works of public art, such as this statue in San Francisco which is one of my favorites:

No comments:

Post a Comment