Friday, March 9, 2012

Beyoncé and Tina Knowles


When it comes to celebrity mother-daughter duos who share a mutual love for fashion, few can rival superstar musician (and new mom herself!) Beyoncé Knowles and her mother, Tina.  

We've previously blogged about their fashion label, House of Dereon, which they launched together, and how Tina, a skilled seamstress, designed the costumes for Beyoncé's former group, Destiny's Child.  And when Beyoncé married Jay-Z in 2008, mom Tina designed her wedding gown.

Recently Beyoncé told Glamour magazine that her number-one genius beauty tip is, "Listen to your mother."  

“My best beauty advice came from my mother,” says Beyoncé. “She always says that outer beauty fades and inner beauty has a lasting effect. She also told me to wash my makeup off before going to bed. I don’t always, but I’m trying!"

1 comment:

  1. I love my mom's fashion. She mixes in teh newest trends in clothes that work for someone her age. For example, take the new hot color yellow. She wore a yellow top with nice slacks. I saw it and loved it, so I bought a yellow shirt and wore them with leather pants. They were hot! Definitely agree to listen to mom!! xo 5th at 5th&Jane.com

    ReplyDelete