Friday, May 11, 2012

Dana's Deal of the Day: BB Creams

I love to apply my various serums, moisturizers and sunblocks, and of course my makeup, but sometimes, I just don't have time. Mornings are especially busy, but I don't like to leave the house to make the kids' school runs without at least a little sunblock (I do live in Florida, after all) as well as a little something to even out my skin.

So I was very excited to try the new "BB creams" which have come to market. The BB cream craze ("BB" stands for "beauty balm")  originated in Asia, and over a dozen different brands have brought BB creams to market in the US over the past year, with many more labels still set to launch.

The beauty of BB creams is that they are all-in-one products. These creams moisturize, prime, protect, sunblock and of course provide some complexion-perfecting skin coverage. With these creams, in one step you have all your skin care and beauty needs met, and you are ready to go.

There are BB creams available at every price point. Check out the selection at Sephora.com   for BB creams from brands ranging from Clinique ($37) to Dior ($56). Or try Target for BB creams from Garnier and Maybelline which ring up around $12.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great find. Thanks for sharing. I definitely will give it a go.

    ReplyDelete