Monday, September 2, 2013

Susan Says: The Seven-Day Chip-Free Manicure

CND Vinylux @ BeyondPolish.com
When I read about a new nail polish that lasts a full week without chipping, I had to give it a try. Not a gel yet not a regular polish, CND Vinylux Polish is the newest hybrid nail polish and it promises to give you a week-long manicure. The secret is something that the company calls ProLight Technology, which means that the topcoat actually strengthens when exposed to natural light, preventing chipping.

Begin with well-cleaned nails -- you can purchase their nail polish remover or I used my own. Be sure that you do not use a base coat, since base coats can prevent this polish from lasting. Apply two coats; I found that the polish went on very smoothly -- just like a regular polish, if not easier.  Finally, apply a coat of the CND sealer and your polish will dry in about eight minutes. Remember to expose your newly polished nails to natural light.   

I'm now going on four days and counting chip free! The line, which is sold at nail salons, features 62 different colors and retails for $10 for the color polish and $10 for the top coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment